Candid Pro Aligners in Philadelphia
Candid Pro is a leading orthodontic tech company that offers revolutionary clear aligner treatment. Candid works with Dr. Shapiro to bring patients a convenient way to straighten their teeth. If you’re interested in a straighter, healthier smile, we can get you started with one quick diagnostic appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is needed?
What is needed?
A 90 minute appointment that includes:
- A clinical exam to determine pathology
- Full mouth x-rays if not done the current year
- Digital scan of the teeth using an intra-oral scanner
- Facial and intraoral photographs
What is included in the aligner kit?
- Full set of aligners including your retainer
- An aligner carrying case
- A cleaning and whitening foam at 3% Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Chewies to help your aligners seat tightly on teeth
- An aligner removal tool
- Candid Monitoring device to scan every two weeks
- CandidApp - which will come via email after your treatment is approved.
- Oversight from two clinical doctors, Candid’s orthodontist and your dentist.
How does treatment work?
Once you get your kit, you will do your first scan and then start wearing your aligners for 22 hours a day. On your 14 day in each step, you will scan in with our Candid Monitoring device and our CandidApp.The orthodontist will get back to you within 24 hours with a response to let you know that you are ready to move on to the next step. If you are not ready to move on, you will need to wear the current step for another week and then scan again.
How does it feel?
You can expect a little tenderness as you get used to wearing your aligners as pressure
is applied to initiate tooth movement.
Utilizing your chewies will help exercise the periodontal ligament.
When will I get my aligner kit?
It usually takes 3-4 weeks for your aligners to show up at your door. Candid Orthodontists will create a treatment plan that fits your needs and outcomes and Dr Shapiro will approve the plan. Once the plan is approved, it takes about a week for production and shipping!
What are the clear aligners made out of?
All of our aligners are manufactured using tri-layer Zendura FLX polyurethane.
This material enhances patient comfort while enabling our aligners to impart sustained, gentle orthodontic forces over a longer period of time than other clear aligners.